Given the unfolding situation with COVID-19 in Australia we have made the decision to temporarily suspend sales for our 2020 season. We are working to resume sales as soon as possible and look forward to welcoming audiences back to the theatre.
How to Buy Tickets
Buying tickets online
To book your theatre tickets online for any Upstairs or Downstairs Theatre performance, simply go to our What’s On page and if tickets are on sale for a show either hover your mouse over the image of the production until the Buy Tickets button appears, or click through to the relevant production page then click on the Buy Tickets button on the top right of the page. Please arrive at the Box Office at least 30 minutes before the start of the performance to collect your theatre tickets. Our online ticketing Terms and Conditions appear as part of the buying process before you complete your online transaction.
Please note: there is a $5 transaction fee for tickets booked online. Online bookings close 30 minutes prior to every performance.
Buying tickets by phone
To book your theatre tickets over the phone call the Box Office on 02 9699 3444. During busy times (especially after 5pm) your call will be placed in a queue and answered in strict rotation. Your tickets will be available for collection at the Box Office on the day or evening of your performance. Please bring your concession/industry card or other proof of financial membership to the theatre when you collect your tickets. Payment can be made by Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
Please note: there is a $6 transaction fee for tickets booked over the phone. Phone bookings close one hour prior to performance times.
Buying tickets in person
Tickets can be purchased in person by credit card, eftpos or by cheque. There is no booking fee for counter sales. Please make sure you bring your concession/industry card or other proof of financial membership to the Box Office with you.
Tickets can be reserved without payment for up to for 48 hours. Please note, if the performance being booked falls within the 48 hours, tickets need to be paid for no later than 24 hours prior to the performance.
Refunds and exchanges
Tickets cannot be refunded after purchase except as outlined in the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice (see downloadable PDF at upper right). Tickets may be exchanged, subject to availability, up to 48 hours prior to your booked performance. Ticket exchanges are only possible for a different performance date of the same production. Further conditions and fees may apply.
For every performance that is sold out: if waitlist tickets become available (there may not be any availability for some performances) they can be purchased from the Box Office in person only 1 hour prior to the commencement of the performance.
Swearing, nudity & other bits
Some of our productions at Belvoir may contain strong language, smoking, nudity, violence, strobe lighting, haze or other things you may find confronting or uncomfortable. If you are concerned about any of these please ask our Box Office staff about content when booking.
A Belvoir subscription or single tickets gift voucher is a lovely gift idea – any of our packages will warm the heart of your loved ones! A 30-Down subscription is a really great way to give a young person the life-changing experience of regularly attending live theatre. Buy gift vouchers online or give our Box Office staff a call on 02 9699 3444.
General release tickets for each show go on sale at Belvoir throughout the year as the shows approach. On-sale dates are on each production’s page on the website. The table below shows the non-subscription ticket prices.
Ticket prices can be dynamically adjusted, either up or down, based on real-time market demand, and without notice. Please contact the Box Office for up-to-date prices as each show goes on sale.
Remember: if you are a subscriber you are entitled to purchase additional tickets at a discounted price for all Belvoir performances, so you can bring along family and friends. And when tickets go on general sale throughout the year, as a subscriber you can purchase them one week before non-subscribers.
If you’re viewing the below table on a mobile device please rotate the device to a landscape orientation.
|Weekday Evenings + Sat Mat||Weekend Evenings||Weekday Matinee||Weekday Evenings + Sat Mat||Weekend Evenings||Weekday Matinee|
|Full Price (adult)~^||$83||$89||$73||$78||$84||$68|
|Mates Rates (Adult)||$73||$79||$63||$73||$79||$63|
~ Bookings of 10+ full price adult tickets receive a $10 discount per ticket.
^ Tickets to Saturday and Sunday performances may have an added $5 surcharge.
* Seniors prices are available with an eligible Australian Government-issued Seniors Card.
† Concession prices are available with a full-time student card, Centrelink Pensioner concession card, Veterans’ Affairs cards, and to members of Actors Equity (MEAA), and ArtsHub, and HotHouse Theatre Subscribers.
# 30-Down and Student Saver prices are available for Previews, Tuesday evening, Wednesday evening, Thursday evening, Friday evening, and Saturday matinees.
To claim any concessions you must provide proof.
Transaction fees may apply and prices may be subject to change.
Please note: the price paid at time of purchase is final.
Tickets may be exchanged, subject to availability, up to 48 hours prior to the performance stated on the ticket. Please fill in the following form to request a ticket exchange. Please note, submitting the form does not guarantee your exchange. The Box Office will receive your request within 24 hours and respond.
Click HERE for the exchange request form.
- Subscribers are entitled to one free exchange per ticket. Subsequent exchanges incur a fee of $3 per ticket.
- Treasured subscribers are exempt from exchange fees
- Single ticket purchases incur an exchange fee of $6 per ticket
If tickets exchanged 24 hours prior to the performance stated on the ticket are subject to a late exchange fee of $6 per ticket.
- Tickets can be exchanged up to 48 hours before your performance date
- Tickets can be exchanged for a different performance date of the same production. We are unable to offer exchanges into a different production.
- If you select new tickets that are more expensive than your original ones, you will be charged the difference in the ticket prices.
- All exchanges are subject to ticket availability. Tickets cannot be exchanged for sold out productions.
- Refunds are only offered for specific and unusual circumstances, such as an event cancellation. All tickets sold by Belvoir St Theatre are issued subject to the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice.
- Refunds are not available where an exchange is made to a cheaper ticket type.
- Late exchange fee of $6 per ticket apply for all tickets exchanged up to 24 hours before your performance date.
- No exchanges are made on the day of the performance, and no refunds are available.
Through our Community Access program, we present one free performance per production for unwaged audiences. Tickets cannot be issued in advance and are only available from 2 hours before the performance. Check individual production pages for dates and times. To claim your complimentary ticket: visit the Belvoir Box Office in person on the day of the performance and present a Pensioner, Health Care Card, Veterans’ Affairs Card or MEAA or Equity Card along with photo ID. Seniors and Seniors Health Cards are not valid. See more information about our Unwaged Performances here.
Standing Room and Waitlist
For every performance that is sold out we make limited standing room tickets available. Standing room ticketholders must stand for the duration of the performance, in a location to be determined by the Front of House staff. Standing room tickets may only be purchased over the phone or in person. Standing Room tickets are not transferrable to seats, however these ticket holders are welcome to join the waitlist for seats on the day of the performance (see below), and if successful in being offered a seat, must pay the difference in the ticket price.
Waitlist for seats
For sold out performances we also operate a waitlist for seats. The waitlist is available at the theatre one hour before the performance is due to commence. Please note the waitlist is only available in person, and we cannot guarantee availability. We welcome patrons who have already purchased a Standing Room ticket to join the waitlist for seats at the theatre.
Ticket Terms & Conditions
- This ticket is sold on behalf of the organisation responsible for this performance and subject to the terms and conditions applicable to that performance and/or the venue where performed. Such terms apply to both the original purchaser / ticketholder and any subsequent ticketholder, and you agree to those terms by acquiring a ticket and/or seeking to attend a performance. By purchasing a ticket on behalf of someone else, you undertake to inform them of those terms.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
- Tickets cannot be refunded after purchase except as outlined in the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice or as required by Australian Consumer Law.
- Tickets may be exchanged, subject to availability, up to 48 hours prior to the booked performance. Ticket exchanges are only possible for a different performance date of the same production. Further conditions and fees may apply.
- The right is reserved to vary advertised programs, to add, withdraw or substitute artists where necessary.
- The right of admission and expulsion is reserved, including where intervening circumstances dictate additional measures or directives. These additional measures or directives are in place to ensure the safety and health of patrons, staff and performers. This includes where patrons have a temperature of 37.5 degrees or more as part of our COVID Safe Plan.
- Latecomers will not be given access to the auditorium unless there is a suitable/convenient break in the program. Seating may be relocated as a result of late entry or COVID additional measures or directives related to physical distancing.
- This ticket may not, without the prior written consent from Belvoir and the seller, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via online auction sites) either by the original purchaser or any subsequent bearer. If a ticket is sold in breach of this condition, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission.
- No recording devices of any kind are permitted in the auditorium. Phones must be turned off or to flight mode during the performance to avoid disruption.
- COVID-19: If you are unwell with any COVID-19 symptoms or required to isolate due to COVID-19 within the 48-hour exchange cut-off prior to your performance, we will exchange your ticket for a future performance. If isolating, or experiencing a temperature of 37.5 degrees or more, please contact the Belvoir box office no later than 12pm on the day of your booked performance. If no exchange is possible, patrons will be eligible for a credit on account or be offered a refund. See here for details of Belvoir’s COVID Safe Plan.
Box Office Hours & Locations
We have two Box Office locations: Belvoir St Theatre (25 Belvoir St) and our administration warehouse (18 Belvoir St). These hours may change during non-performance periods and on public holidays. Our Box office staff are currently only available via phone – 9699 3444 – or email at [email protected]
* PLEASE NOTE OUR BOX OFFICE STAFF ARE STILL WORKING ON REDUCED HOURS AND TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
- The following hours are for the Box Office phone lines – week commencing Monday the 19th of October
Belvoir Administration Office
|Location||18 Belvoir St, Surry Hills|
|Box Office Open||Via phone and email only|
|Monday||12.00pm – 4.00pm|
Belvoir St Theatre
|Location||25 Belvoir St, Surry Hills|
|Box Office Open||Prior to performances|
|Saturday||2.00pm – 6.00pm|
|Sunday||2.00pm – 5.00pm|