How to Buy Tickets
Buying tickets online
To book your theatre tickets online for any performance, simply go to our What’s On page and choose a production. Then click the Buy Tickets icon and choose from the available times and dates. Our online ticketing Terms and Conditions appear as part of the buying process before you complete your online transaction.
Please note: there is a $5 transaction fee for tickets booked online. Online bookings close 60 minutes prior to every performance.
Buying tickets by phone
To book your theatre tickets over the phone please call the Box Office on 02 9699 3444. (Our Box Office hours are listed at the bottom of this page.) Payment can be made by Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
Please note: there is a $6 transaction fee for tickets booked over the phone. Phone bookings close one hour prior to performance times.
Buying tickets in person
Tickets can be purchased in person by credit card, eftpos or by cheque. There is no booking fee for counter sales. Please make sure you bring your concession/industry card or other proof of financial membership to the Box Office with you.
For health and environmental reasons, Belvoir has introduced e-tickets. These will be sent to your nominated email address 24 hours before the performance. E-tickets can be printed or shown to staff on a smart device. If you are a Subscriber, all group tickets will be sent to the Primary Subscriber/Order Owner. We kindly ask that if Co-Subscribers would like a copy of their tickets, that they contact their Primary and have it forwarded to them.
Refunds and exchanges
Tickets cannot be refunded after purchase except as outlined in the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice (see downloadable PDF at upper right). Tickets may be exchanged, subject to availability, up to 48 hours prior to your booked performance. Ticket exchanges are only possible for a different performance date of the same production.
Swearing, nudity & other bits
Some of our productions at Belvoir may contain strong language, smoking, nudity, violence, strobe lighting, haze or other things you may find confronting or uncomfortable. If you are concerned about any of these please ask our Box Office staff about content when booking.
A Belvoir subscription or single tickets gift voucher is a lovely gift idea – any of our packages will warm the heart of your loved ones! A 30-Down subscription is a really great way to give a young person the life-changing experience of regularly attending live theatre. Buy gift vouchers online or give our Box Office staff a call on 02 9699 3444.
General release tickets for each show go on sale at Belvoir throughout the year as the shows approach. On-sale dates are on each production’s page on the website. The table below shows the non-subscription ticket prices.
Ticket prices can be dynamically adjusted, either up or down, based on real-time market demand, and without notice. Please contact the Box Office for up-to-date prices as each show goes on sale.
Remember: if you are a subscriber you are entitled to purchase additional tickets at a discounted price for all Belvoir performances, so you can bring along family and friends. And when tickets go on general sale throughout the year, as a subscriber you can purchase them before non-subscribers.
If you’re viewing the below table on a mobile device please rotate the device to a landscape orientation.
|Weekday Evenings + Sat Mat||Weekend Evenings||Weekday Matinee||Weekday Evenings + Sat Mat||Weekend Evenings||Weekday Matinee|
|Full Price (adult)~^||$83||$89||$73||$78||$84||$68|
|Mates Rates (Adult)||$73||$79||$63||$73||$79||$63|
~ Bookings of 10+ full price adult tickets receive a $10 discount per ticket.
^ Tickets to Saturday and Sunday performances may have an added $5 surcharge.
* Seniors prices are available with an eligible Australian Government-issued Seniors Card.
† Concession prices are available with a full-time student card, Centrelink Pensioner concession card, Veterans’ Affairs cards, and to members of Actors Equity (MEAA), and ArtsHub, and HotHouse Theatre Subscribers.
# 30-Down and Student Saver prices are available for Previews, Tuesday evening, Wednesday evening, Thursday evening, Friday evening, and Saturday matinees.
To claim any concessions you must provide proof.
Transaction fees may apply and prices may be subject to change.
Please note: the price paid at time of purchase is final.
Request E-Ticket Resend
Tickets may be exchanged, subject to availability, up to 48 hours prior to the performance stated on the ticket. Please fill in the following form to request a ticket exchange. Please note, submitting the form does not guarantee your exchange. The Box Office will receive your request within 24 hours and respond.
Click HERE for the exchange request form.
- Subscribers are entitled to one free exchange per ticket. Subsequent exchanges incur a fee of $6 per ticket.
- Treasured subscribers are exempt from exchange fees
- Single ticket purchases incur an exchange fee of $6 per ticket
If tickets exchanged 24 hours prior to the performance stated on the ticket are subject to a late exchange fee of $6 per ticket.
- Tickets can be exchanged up to 48 hours before your performance date
- Tickets can be exchanged for a different performance date of the same production. We are unable to offer exchanges into a different production.
- If you select new tickets that are more expensive than your original ones, you will be charged the difference in the ticket prices.
- All exchanges are subject to ticket availability. Tickets cannot be exchanged for sold out productions.
- Refunds are only offered for specific and unusual circumstances, such as an event cancellation. All tickets sold by Belvoir St Theatre are issued subject to the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice.
- Late exchange fee of $6 per ticket apply for all tickets exchanged up to 24 hours before your performance date.
- No exchanges are made on the day of the performance, and no refunds are available.
Dine and Discover at Belvoir
Belvoir is now accepting the Service NSW Dine and Discover vouchers! Below is some helpful information on how to redeem them.
You can use your Discover vouchers to purchase single tickets to any of our announced shows until the 30th of June. They cannot be redeemed on subscription orders.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept Discover vouchers through our website. To pay for part of your order with a Discover voucher please contact our Box Office on 02 9699 3444 or visit us in person.
We are currently experiencing a high volume of calls due to the popularity of the vouchers. Our small team is working diligently to get to every caller, however, there have been increased wait times on our phone lines and we greatly appreciate your patience while we process your requests.
Please be aware
We are only able to redeem one voucher per person per transaction.
The Service NSW app refreshes the codes every five minutes. Therefore, if you intend to purchase multiple tickets with multiple vouchers, all voucher holders must be present when making the booking. If Service NSW has provided your code via email or text message, you can forward it to the ticket buyer to use on your behalf as this will not refresh.
Transactions must be completed at the time of booking as are not able to hold tickets without full payment.
If voucher codes are invalid at the time of booking, payment will be required in place of the voucher.
All bookings are final at the time of purchase and vouchers are not redeemable in retrospect.
Ticket Terms & Conditions
- This ticket is sold on behalf of the organisation responsible for this performance and subject to the terms and conditions applicable to that performance and/or the venue where performed. Such terms apply to both the original purchaser / ticketholder and any subsequent ticketholder, and you agree to those terms by acquiring a ticket and/or seeking to attend a performance. By purchasing a ticket on behalf of someone else, you undertake to inform them of those terms.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
- Tickets cannot be refunded after purchase except as outlined in the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice or as required by Australian Consumer Law.
- Tickets may be exchanged, subject to availability, up to 48 hours prior to the booked performance. Ticket exchanges are only possible for a different performance date of the same production. Further conditions and fees may apply.
- The right is reserved to vary advertised programs, to add, withdraw or substitute artists where necessary.
- The right of admission and expulsion is reserved, including where intervening circumstances dictate additional measures or directives. These additional measures or directives are in place to ensure the safety and health of patrons, staff and performers. This includes where patrons have a temperature of 37.5 degrees or more as part of our COVID Safe Plan.
- Latecomers will not be given access to the auditorium unless there is a suitable/convenient break in the program. Seating may be relocated as a result of late entry or COVID additional measures or directives related to physical distancing.
- This ticket may not, without the prior written consent from Belvoir and the seller, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via online auction sites) either by the original purchaser or any subsequent bearer. If a ticket is sold in breach of this condition, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission.
- No recording devices of any kind are permitted in the auditorium. Phones must be turned off or to flight mode during the performance to avoid disruption.
- COVID-19: If you are unwell with any COVID-19 symptoms or required to isolate due to COVID-19 within the 48-hour exchange cut-off prior to your performance, we will exchange your ticket for a future performance. If isolating, or experiencing a temperature of 37.5 degrees or more, please contact the Belvoir box office no later than 12pm on the day of your booked performance. If no exchange is possible, patrons will be eligible for a credit on account or be offered a refund. See here for details of Belvoir’s COVID Safe Plan.
Due to COVID-19 we can no longer offer standing room tickets.
Through our Community Access program, we present one free performance of a selection of our productions for unwaged audiences. Tickets cannot be issued in advance and are only available from 2 hours before the performance. Check individual production pages for dates and times. To claim your complimentary ticket: visit the Belvoir Box Office in person on the day of the performance and present a Pensioner, Health Care Card, Veterans’ Affairs Card or MEAA or Equity Card along with photo ID. Seniors and Seniors Health Cards are not valid. See more information about our Unwaged Performances here.
Box Office Hours & Locations
We have two Box Office locations: Belvoir St Theatre (25 Belvoir St) and our administration warehouse (18 Belvoir St). These hours may change during non-performance periods and on public holidays. Our Box office staff are currently only available via phone – 9699 3444 – or email at [email protected]
Monday – 12.00pm – 5.00pm
Tuesday – 12.00pm – 5.30pm
Wednesday – 12.00pm – 5.30pm
Thursday – 12.00pm – 6.30pm
Friday – 12.00pm – 6.30pm
Saturday – 12.15pm – 6.00pm
Sunday – 2.15pm – 3.45pm
Belvoir Administration Office
|Location||18 Belvoir St, Surry Hills|
|Box Office Open||Via phone and email only|
|Monday||12.00pm – 6.00pm|
|Friday||12.00pm – 6.00pm|
The Belvoir Administration Office will be closed on Queen’s Birthday, Monday 14 June
Belvoir St Theatre
|Location||25 Belvoir St, Surry Hills|
|Box Office Open||Prior to performances|