Belvoir’s Community Access Program provides opportunities for audiences to see our work, regardless of economic status, age or geographical location. The program is made up of two key components: an Unwaged Performance Program and a Charitable Tickets Program.
Unwaged Performance Program
Supported by our official airline partner, Virgin Australia
Belvoir’s Unwaged Performance program is now over 20 years old. Through the program we invite unwaged members of the community to attend a free-of-charge matinee performance of most Upstairs productions in our season. A full house of 320 tickets are on offer for each performance and can be claimed on presentation of an eligible Pensioner Card, Health Care Card, Veterans’ Affairs Card, MEAA or Equity Cards along with photo ID. Seniors and Seniors Health Cards are not valid for these performances.
The Wolves 21 February, 1pm
Every Brilliant Thing 8 March, 3pm
Things I Know to Be True 18 July, 1pm
Life of Galileo 5 September, 1pm
Fangirls 11 October, 730pm
Packer and Sons 5 December, 1pm
Every Brilliant Thing 9 January, 1pm
Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam 20 February, 11.30am
Dance Nation 2 April, 11.30am
A Room of One’s Own 30 April, 11.30am
Escaped Alone 4 June, 11.30am
Miss Peony 20 August, 11.30am
My Brilliant Career 24 September, 11.30am
Cursed! 5 November, 11.30am
Summerfolk 3 December, 11.30am
To claim your complimentary ticket: Visit the Belvoir Box Office at the theatre from 2 hours before the commencement of the designated unwaged performance and present an eligible Pensioner, Health Care Card or Veterans’ Affairs Card along with photo identification. (MEAA and Equity cards are also accepted.) Seniors and Seniors Health Cards are not valid.
- The box office will be open from 2 hours before every performance, and tickets will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. You are welcome to queue outside the theatre prior to the box office opening.
- Each patron will receive a ticket with a seat number printed on it. This is your allocated seat.
- Unfortunately we are unable to hold tickets. If you are attending with friends or family and you would like to sit together, you will all need to collect your tickets from the box office at the same time.
- The show will commence at the times stipulated above, and doors to the theatre will be opened approximately 15 minutes prior to the start of the performance.
- Tickets are subject to availability, so first in best dressed.
Tell your community about our Unwaged Performances with this printable poster.
The Charitable Tickets Program
The Charitable Tickets Program distributes tickets to community groups and charitable organisations. The tickets are used by charities for fundraising activities or as rewards and incentives for staff and volunteers.